Welcome back! Thank you for checking back in to hear about the end of the week. The weather took a turn and got HOT and humid. I feel so bad when Connor is hot because he can’t say “I’m hot, cool me off”, so he just gets crabby and I try and calm him down by holding him which probably makes him more hot!
Some good news- we spent a lot of time in the grass and I think he is starting to like it! He wouldn’t crawl on it, but he eventually was pulling it out and patting his hands and feet on it. He loves being outside, so I want him to get used to the feeling of grass so we can enjoy it.
We also spent a lot of time reading, he loves books! Usually when I read to him though I have to give him another book to play with because he always tries to turn my pages before I’m done reading. He totally pays attention to the book, even with a baby’s short attention span. I have added here a link to an article about the importance of reading to a baby.
I am also going to include a list of some of my favorite baby/children books.
- The Giving Tree by Shel Silverstein (super controversial, but I love it and the conversations it brings up)
- Moo, Baa, La La La by Sandra Boynton (super adorable and quick baby book)
- Goodnight Moon by Margaret Wise Brown (what a classic!)
- One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish by Dr. Seuss (another classic, love the silliness and rhyming)
- The Book With No Pictures by B.J. Novak (the best read aloud book!)
- Any Elephant and Piggie Books by Mo Willems (perfect for learning to read)
- Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See? by Bill Martin Jr. (love using ASL with this!)
My next step is to find more of list of books that teach children about diversity, I know I can find a lot of good ones, if you’re interested please let me know! Books are really important in times like this, to educate children on what is going on in this world.
I could go on all day with a list a mile long with book suggestions, but I won’t. Please ask me if you have any questions, about a book, need a book, where to find a story, anything! Thank you again for reading my blog and I will check back in mid next week!